Sunday, August 19, 2007

hide-and-seek



Back to Belmar Park and some photos of Kountze Lake. The drenched vegetation added an extra chill to the already cool air. I walked towards a cottonwood out on an island that was filled with cormorants, sitting quietly in branches. One flew off to an unknown location while the rest stayed.


I watched as I heard the honking of a flock of geese approaching and flying overhead to land with great splashing reverie across the lake.

As I headed back to the car, I came up rather close to a Great Blue Heron. Herons are notoriously shy. They NEVER stick around for you to photograph easily. This fellow was the exception. I kept creeping closer and closer and he just kept walking about looking for food. He even played hide-and-seek behind the willows.


Today I am off on another adventure – a week at Great Sand Dunes National Park for some work.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

I love the image at the top, that really works. Well done

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

More gorgeous light there in the top one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home