Monday, November 05, 2007

gaining perspective but not "growing up"

Pat surveys the newly raked front yard

Things are looking up. It is hard to stay depressed with the beautiful fall leaves and deep blue sky and those last warm days before winter hits us hard. One recent fun time was a three day stretch when I went to see one of my favorite musicians, Eric Johnson, perform. I saw him in Beaver Creek at the Vilar Center, in Denver at the Soiled Dove Underground and at the Fox Theater in Boulder. My friend and fellow Eric Johnson enthusiast, Lois, flew in from Minnesota to stay with me and go to the concerts. On the second night, we really lucked out and were given backstage passes. We had our photos taken with Eric and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. I just sent the photo to a young friend. Her comment was, " you look like a hippie" I had to laugh - for several reasons. (1) I hated the way my hair looked in the photo so much that I went to the hairdresser the next week and had it shortened and permed! Honestly, I was alarmed that Eric's hair looked better than mine. Call me old fashioned. (2) I wasn't insulted by being called a hippie - because I grew up in those hippie days and so in some ways, I am one!
At age 54, I have first hand knowledge of those times.

I love being this age - it is wonderful to have some perspective on life.

Pat surveys the leaf -covered front yard the next morning!

8 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Well, let's see that hippie pic!!!! :)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger The Donut Guy said...

I like being 48 except for my 75 year old knees:-)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Paul said...

Beautiful shots of Pat enjoying the leaves! Now that cat really knows how to live. Sounds like you had a great time!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Steve Skinner said...

Hey, 45 isn't old, especially if you are a Douglas-fir. If you were, you might expect to live to be 150+ years of age. So at 45, you are still only a kid!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

John, I should have known that someone would want to see the photo!! I have put it up on my account.

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He (EJ) does have great hair, doesn't he?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home