Friday, October 26, 2007

walking on eggshells



Many highs and lows in the last weeks. It is almost more than I can remember.

Three incredible days of Eric Johnson concerts in the company of my friend Lois.
Work issues.
Joy and pain in my young adult sons.
More work issues.
Travel to Hawaii
Reorganization at work.

Sudden death of my beloved pet, Wiskerz.

Time to take a deep breath and re-center.
I have been reading a lot and listening to music and immersing myself in books of photography and reading all of my old posts about him.

I have decided to plant a tree in honor of Wiskerz - he loved his back yard and his spirit will nourish the new life.



The house is so quiet without him.


Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger Monterey John said...

That is sad, Kathy. I don't know what I'd do without Bella The Attack Kitty. you have my thoughts.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sad to hear of the loss of your kitty. I love the idea of planting a tree in his memory and for your memories. Thank you for the beautiful pictures and wonderful posts that I've enjoyed.
Mellan :)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Blueberry said...

I am soooo sorry to hear this!! I have really enjoyed the posts about him. You know me, I believe that cats are people, and certainly are family members. Hugs and purrs for you from Texas Oasis and its remaining two (out of four) felines. It's been a rough year.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

I'm right with ya on the adult children and work issues! Geez. I was desperate enough to meditate yesterday and have had to read a few Sidhartha passages regarding our inability to protect our children from the pain of samsara. Sorry about the loss of your companion!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

I'll remember Whiskers too even though we only knew each other for 2 days. How are the others taking it?

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Ptelea said...

Thank you for all of your kind comments - they have been very comforting.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Willie Baronet said...

So sorry to hear about your kitty. :-(

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger The Old Bag said...

ptelea -- I'm so sorry to hear! I always enjoyed the shots of Whiskerz and seeing his personality through them. He's so lucky to have had you for his short time here.

My thoughts are with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home