Wednesday, April 18, 2007

sometimes rain brings out the best



I am in the habit of taking my camera with me everywhere. Yesterday, suddenly I found myself in Boulder with about 50 minutes to spare while waiting to have lunch with my older son. So where did I go? It was cool, cloudy and damp. So I went to Columbia Cemetery, just a few blocks from where I was waiting. I was struck by how much lichen was growing on the bases of many of the headstones. When it is damp like this, the lichens plump up in a display of vibrant colors. It is a sharp contrast to the generally very muted colors that you see in a cemetery!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the lichen! Nature is a serious recycler and the recycling is done with such beauty! :-)

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Cool Daddio said...

Oh how I love lichens but I find it hard to capture in any good way. This is really cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home