Sunday, April 08, 2007

winter lingers



It has been a snowy weekend – until now. Sunday evening and now the sun is shining! I spent a good part of the day cooking a delicious, yet simple dinner. Both of my boys were home so we had a real “sit-down” dinner, a very rare occurrence here.




This morning when I headed out to the lake,
it was snowing very lightly. By the time I left the lake, after sunrise, it was snowing steadily. It was quite beautiful with the distant shore of the lake just a faint impression through the fog and snow. There was a coating of clear ice on most of the plants but with the dark overcast lighting, you had to be there to appreciate it. There were few people out but I did chat with one elderly man and his dog. He wanted to share just how beautiful it was with the fresh snow cover.

There are just a few remnants of snow and LOTS of green.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

I love all the shades of green that appear in spring. There has to be at least 15 different hue and tone variations, and I enjoy all of them. I even wrote a poem about all the shades of green in the spring.

 
At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a nice day that you had, especially the sit-down dinner. Those seem to be rare these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home