Sunday, April 22, 2007

Spring unfolds slowly


Saturday was a beautiful start to the weekend – a blue-gray-pink sunrise at Crown Hill Park. The water was glassy-smooth except for the waves created by the ducks. It is so smooth that it is almost hard to find a focus that doesn’t look out-of-focus.

I have been spending my spare time (on those rare occasions when I don’t have a camera in hand or am not managing files!!) getting my house in order. I will be heading out of town in a few short weeks for a work detail that lasts until the end of July. I will do a post soon on exactly what I will be up to – no one would guess!! I will have lots of opportunities to photograph new scenery so I am looking forward to it. But between now and then – YIKES! I will be leaving my home in the care of my 18-year-old son with some help from my 22-year-old son (when he is not in Japan or Hungary!). That isn’t as brave as it sounds – my 18 year old is a good kid who is not at all wild. I gave my children all the rope they needed to hang themselves while growing up so they learned to set their own boundaries. However, I am not expecting miracles in terms of yard care or house cleanliness!!

This morning at Addenbrook Park, there was a bank of clouds that hid any bright sunrise colors. It was still beautiful – the intense green grass and the wind-swept water. As I walked around the lake, a man with his dog stopped to tell me that he sees my photos on the Internet and thinks they are beautiful. That really made my day!! Afterwards, I realized I should have asked him where on the Internet he sees them!! I do have them all over the place. You just have to know where to look!!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those first two are stunning.
I think if I were on a deep space mission and far away from Earth for years at a time, your pictures are the ones that would make me homesick for my home planet.
In other words, they capture some ineffable quality of the beauty of Earth as it is unspoiled by mankind.
When I see your pictures, they make me wish I were there AND they seem familiar, almost like "home" at the same time.
Well done.
v

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Monterey John said...

Let's see what Kathy is up to... hmmm, no snow. Time for the tornados? God, I miss it back there.

Nice shots.

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Kathy! That first picture is just wonderful. I really like the cloud reflections on the lake. Fantastic!

I look forward to hearing about what you are going to be doing and to seeing the photos of your new location! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home